Privacy Notice for California Residents
Last Modified Date: November 2, 2021
Information We Collect
Our Services collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). Below, we have provided a list of categories of Personal Information and examples of the types of Personal Information we collect that may fall within those categories.
Within the last twelve (12) months, our Services have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers:
- Identifiers: including, for example, your name, nickname, account name, unique personal identifier, online identifier/screenname, IP address, driver’s license number or signature.
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): including, for example, physical or mailing address, telephone number or email address; your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other payment information, or insurance information.
- Protected Classification Characteristics Under California or Federal Law: including, for example, your age, date of birth, sex or gender, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
- Commercial Information: including, for example, commercial information and inferences, including products or services purchased or considered, purchasing histories or tendencies, interactions with us, preferences, psychological traits/ predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence or abilities/aptitudes, some of which may be assigned by probabilistic methods.
- Biometric Information: including, for example, size, height, weight or other information relevant to your footwear and apparel preferences.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity: including, for example, browsing history, search history, clicks, interactions with websites, applications and advertisements, or social media information.
- Geolocation Data: including, for example, geographical location information indicated by your mobile device or computer.
- Sensory Data: including, for example, audio, electronic, visual, thermal or olfactory information.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information: including, for example, employment status or history, or your professional information.
- Non-Public Education Information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)): including, for example, education status or history.
- Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information.
Workwear obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from information you provide through the Site and Services and through any correspondences, such as when you request to receive information or support. Additional examples of direct interaction with us include when shop in our stores, communicate with our customer service representatives, attend our events, use our mobile applications, participate in our marketing efforts (including contests sweepstakes and virtual events), participate in our customer loyalty programs, or any other way you interact with us. When we collect information about you directly, we may ask you to affirmatively furnish the information to us (such as when we ask you for your telephone number), or we may collect the information from your electronic device (such as when you download and use our mobile applications) or by observing your activity (such as when you visit our websites).
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site through the use of automated data collection tools.
- From third parties. For example, from our business partners and service providers, who provide us with your Personal Information as directed by you or in connection with our Site and Services or our relationship with the third party. Some of our service providers and other third parties collect identifiers matched to your mobile or other devices, which can be used to deliver customized ads or content via the internet, across different devices or browsers (sometimes called “cross-device tracking”). In some cases, we may engage service providers to help us operate our business, and they may collect data on our behalf in the course of the services they provide to us. In other cases, third parties may obtain information about you independently, and we may acquire that data from a third party (for example, by purchasing the data from a data broker).
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Site, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To establish and secure accounts to use the Services, check on your account status, and to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials.
- To provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, and to communicate about your orders.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Services.
- To address your comments, questions, or complaints.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Services.
- To serve advertisements tailored to your interests and to improve our marketing and advertising performance on the Services.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions, including special discounts for professionals, military personnel, students and first responders.
- To share reviews, testimonials, or other user-generated content.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To work with our service providers, who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To keep records of transactions.
- To establish and maintain data back-ups for our business continuity and disaster recovery.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. We do not, and will not for the term this notice is posted in its current form, sell or rent your Personal Information.
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Corporate affiliates, including corporate parents, subsidiaries, other affiliated entities, and associated entities for the purposes described in this Notice which are required to treat the information in accordance with this Notice.
- Service providers and other third parties that help us administer and provide the Site and Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- Advertising and marketing partners and service providers, who create or distribute advertising materials and campaigns and with whom we may share your Personal Information for purposes of serving interest-based or targeted advertisements;
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Workwear has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Biometric information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Non-public education information.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Corporate affiliates, including corporate parents, subsidiaries, other affiliated entities, and associated entities for the purposes described in this Notice which are required to treat the information in accordance with this Notice;
- Service providers and other third parties that help us administer and provide the Site and Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf;
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. The following sections describe your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To authorize an agent to act on your behalf with respect to the rights contained in this Notice, we may require proof from the agent that you have provided the authorized agent written permission to do so, and we may require that you verify your own identity directly with us. If you have provided the agent with power of attorney, that may be sufficient.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. To verify your requests, we ask that you provide information required to match the request with the consumer about whom information has been collected or utilize the authentication practices for your password-protected account. We verify requests by matching information you provide to information that we maintain in our records. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, up to an additional forty-five (45) days, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance (specifically within a .CSV file).
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently provide the following financial incentives:
- Discounts for email signups: From time to time, we may offer discounted pricing on purchases through our website to new subscribers to our email newsletters. A consumer may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by sending us an email, expressly asking to be removed from the e-mail list.
- Discounts on select good: From time to time, we may offer discounted pricing on purchases through our website to visitors to the site. A consumer can opt-out by sending us an email, expressly asking to be removed from the discount or promotion.
- Giveaways and special: From time to time, we may offer a product giveaway or promotional item through our website to visitors to the site. A consumer can opt-out by sending us an email, expressly asking to be removed from the discount or promotion.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Workwear reserves the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the Notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: +1-866-335-1184
By regular mail: Workwear Outfitters
ATTN: Privacy Officer
ATTN: Workwear Outfitters Ecommerce Department
545 Marriott Drive, Nashville, Tennessee, USA 37214