Conditions of Use
WILLIAMSON-DICKIE MANUFACTURING COMPANY'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These online Terms and Conditions of Use were last updated on May 17, 2012.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use and Other Terms
3. Ownership of Websites, Content and Trademarks
The Websites are owned by Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company and unless otherwise agreed in writing, all materials on the Websites, including text, graphics, information, content, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, sounds, music, artwork, computer code and other materials, and the copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights in such materials (collectively, the "Content"), are owned and/or licensed by Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company.
You may use the Websites and download or copy the Content and other downloadable materials displayed on the Websites for personal use only. You receive no right, title or interest in any downloaded or copied Content as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise use any of the Content or the Websites for any public or commercial purpose.
Certain trademarks, trade names and logos used or displayed on the Websites are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and intellectual property of Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company and its affiliates. Other trademarks, trade names and logos used or displayed on the Websites are the registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and intellectual property of third parties. Nothing contained on any of the Websites grants any license or right to you to use any such trademarks, trade names, logos or intellectual property displayed on such Website.
4. Your Use of the Websites
You agree not to use any "deep-link", "robot", or other automatic or manual device, software, program, code, algorithm or methodology, to access, copy or monitor any portion of any of the Websites or Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Websites or Content, or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not purposely made available through the Websites. We reserve the right to prevent any such activity.
You agree not to gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of any of the Websites, or any other system or network connected to the Websites or to any of our business partners' servers, systems or networks, by hacking, "password-mining" or using any other illegitimate method of accessing data.
You agree not to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any of the Websites or any network connected to the Websites, nor breach the security or authentication measures on any of the Websites or any network connected to any of the Websites. You agree not to not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other visitor to any of the Websites, or any other customer of Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company including any shopping account that is not held by you, in any way for the purpose of discovering materials or information, including but not limited to Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or other information that reasonably could be used to connect non-PII to PII.
You agree not to take any action that would cause an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Websites or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Websites or to us in an attempt to overwhelm our systems to create a "Denial of Service" or similar attack. You agree not to use any device, technology or method to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning or feature of any of the Websites or any transaction occurring on a Website, or with any other person's use of any Website.
You agree not to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through any Website. You agree not to impersonate or pretend that you are any other person or falsely claim you represent another person.
5. User Communications and User Content
While we appreciate your suggestions and comments on how to improve our website, products and services, it is Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company's policy to not accept any creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans or materials other than those specifically requested by us (e.g., through a contest or promotional event). Our intent is to avoid any misunderstanding in the event that a creative endeavor we commence bears some resemblance to a creative suggestion made by a customer or visitor to the Websites. We have many projects under development at any given time and it is possible that unsolicited ideas or proposals could be submitted to us which are already under consideration or may already be in the planning stages. Our employees are not authorized to accept or consider unsolicited ideas, suggestions or proposals including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. In the event Williamson-Dickie does receive unsolicited ideas, proposals, or suggestions, regardless of statements which may be made in the submission received, the following terms shall apply.
In addition to the User-Generated Content Rules set forth in Section 6 below, you may not post or transmit on any of the Websites any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise post or transmit on any of the Websites any material that violates any law.
6. User-Generated Content Rules
If you become aware of any violation of the User Generated Content Rules or other unacceptable behavior by any user, you should report such activity to Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You are solely responsible for each User Communication that you post on any Website or transmit to other users and agree that you will not hold Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company responsible or liable for any User Communication from another user that you access on any Website. We retain the right to remove any User Communication for any reason, including any material we deem inappropriate or unacceptable, including without limitation any of the categories of prohibited User Communications set forth below and in Section 7.
The categories of prohibited User Communications set forth below are not intended to be an exclusive list of what constitutes prohibited User Communications. Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users anything that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or promotes the infringement of another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials), including any party's right of publicity or right of privacy;
- violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising laws and regulations);
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes racism, bigotry or hatred of any kind against any group or individual;
- encourages violence against a person or destruction of property;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- promotes any illegal activities or provides information to circumvent security measures;
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or any other form of solicitation; or
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, interfere with or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You understand that when using any of the Websites you may be exposed to User Communications from a variety of sources and you agree that Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company is not responsible for the accuracy, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Communications.
7. Copyright and Trademark Rules (DMCA) Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company requires all users of the Websites to comply with copyright and related laws, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not store on or disseminate over any Website any material or content in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, rights granted by copyright law. You may not post, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to third parties without their prior written consent. Access to the Websites of any user who infringes the copyright rights of others is subject to termination upon receipt of proper notification to us by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on any of the Websites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information at the email address or mailing address indicated below:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- your address, telephone number, and, if possible, email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
The foregoing information ("DMCA Notice") should be sent to us as follows:
Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company
Attn: General Counsel
319 Lipscomb Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
If your work has been removed due to a DMCA Notice pursuant to the foregoing procedure, and you believe that your content is not infringing, then you may send a counter-notice ("DMCA Counter-Notice") to us (contact information above) containing the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Fort Worth, TX, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a DMCA Counter-Notice is received by us, we may send a copy of the DMCA Counter-Notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days. Unless the alleged copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notice, at our sole discretion.
8. Products and Sales
In describing and portraying our products on the Websites, we attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that the product descriptions or other Content of any Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to correct any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing and availability from time to time without prior notice.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear at the Websites. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate, complete, reliable or error-free.
When you place an order on our e-commerce Website at www.walls.com we will ship your order to the address designated by you as long as that shipping address is within the United States and compliant with the shipping restrictions set out on the www.walls.com Website. We may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order. We reserve the right to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer.
Risk of Loss
You agree that the risk of loss for all items purchased on our e-commerce Website at www.walls.com pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
9. Links to the Websites; Third Party Links on the Websites
You may not create or maintain any link from another website to any page on any of the Websites without our prior written permission. Running or displaying any of the Websites or any information or material displayed on any Website in frames or through similar means on another website without our prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to any of the Websites must comply will all applicable federal and state laws, statutes, rules and regulations.
From time to time, one or more of our Websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company or our affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Websites and we cannot be responsible for any content, information or that are present on or disclosure of PII that occurs on websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company or our affiliates.
10. Change in Websites and Contents
We reserve the right, at any time in our sole discretion to modify, suspend or discontinue any of the Websites or any service, content, feature or product offered through any Website, with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party should any of the foregoing occur with respect to any of the Websites.
11. Disclaimers; Limitations on Liability; Indemnity
YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company does not assume any responsibility for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing any of the Websites, or your downloading of any information or materials from any of the Websites.
IN NO EVENT WILL WILLIAMSON-DICKIE MANUFACTURING COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS WEB SITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEB SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL SUCH WEB SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
If any part of these warranty disclaimers or limitations of liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason or if we are otherwise found to be liable to you in any manner, then our aggregate liability for all claims under such circumstances for liabilities, shall not exceed the lesser of (i) the amount paid by you for your use of the Website during the prior twelve (12) months or (ii) ten dollars ($10).
12. Governing Law; Severability; Waiver; Dispute Resolution
It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, statutes, rules and regulations (including minimum age requirements) related to the use of the Websites. Any dispute arising out of, or relating to, the use of any of the Websites will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without regard to any principles of conflicts of law.
13. Additional Assistance
Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company
Attn: General Counsel
319 Lipscomb Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Please be assured that any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide in communications to the above email, telephone number and postal address will not be used to send you promotional materials.